IMPROVE SKILLS – ACCESS TRAINING – MOTIVATIONAL SUPPORT – MOVING INTO JOBS
The Building Better Opportunities programme is funded by Big Lottery Fund and the European Social Fund (ESF) who are co-investing in local projects tackling the root causes of worklessness, promoting social inclusion and driving local jobs and growth
Community Matters is one of four projects within this programme across the Black Country and will help people across Walsall, Wolverhampton, Dudley and Sandwell move into or closer to employment by developing their skills and confidence.
The project is managed by the Heart of England Community Foundation in conjunction with local partner agencies across the region.
TLC College is one of those partners. We will be working alongside the following partners :
Access To Business – Age UK Walsall – Ashley Community Housing Ltd – Bilston Resource Centre – Black Country Housing Group – Dudley Caribbean And Friends Association – Ideal For All – Just Straight Talk – Kids in Communication – Manor Farm Community Association – Refugee And Migrant Centre – Summit House Support – SWEDA – Walsall Adult And Community College – Walsall Housing Group – Workers Educational Association (WEA) – Zebra Access.
AIMS & BENEFITS:
Our service will provide tailored support to improve lives, living conditions and raise the aspirations of marginalised individuals so they can develop skills and confidence to grow and move into employment.
We have the experience to additionally work with BME, Refugee and New Migrant Communities.
- IAG (Information Advice and Guidance) appointments. All development issues will be discussed and an action plan agreed.
- Follow up reviews and mentoring
- ESOL support
- Support with Functional Skills (Maths and English)
- Language at work (12 week programme)
- Basic IT
- Interview Skills
- Confidence Building
- CV Building
- Job search – Group or 1 to 1
- Nursery available
- Travel Costs Reimbursed
- TLC College (1 Dunstall Rd., WV6 0LZ)
- Bingley Centre (Norfolk Rd., WV3 0JE)
- Low Hill Community Centre (Kempthorne Avenue, WV10 9JJ)
You can be supported by this project if you are:
- Over the age of 16 years.
- From the Black Country
- Unemployed or economically inactive
- Legally resident in the UK and able to take paid employment in European Union member states.
Free for all registered clients.
REQUIRED FROM USER:
- Proof of Unemployment or
- Proof of Economic Inactivity
- Proof of legal residency in UK
KEY DATES /TIMES:
Project runs from: October 2016 – November 2019
TLC is accredited to the MATRIX quality standard for information advice and guidance services.
The MATRIX Standard is the unique quality framework for organisations to assess and measure their information, advice and/or guidance services, which ultimately supports individuals in their choice of career, learning, work and life goals.
CONTACT FOR FURTHER DETAILS: